Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Everyday Gold

It must be my lucky day. First, I decided to wear a green shirt to work today only to discover it's St. Patrick's day. Then I begin my morning routine and check out Ads of the World and come across this beauty of an idea.


(I couldn't get the video from Ads of the World to embed, but this one is from JWT, Atlanta. You get the basic idea. Hit the link at the top for the Ads of the World page. That video is much better.)

JWT, South Africa launched the effort last summer and had a lot of success with it, as evidenced by the video. The thinking behind this effort is what really gets me boiling. I've seen piles of old stock photo books just gathering dust in my office for years, never giving them much attention. "That's just a pile of old useless books" I'd say. Someone came across those same stacks of unused paper and saw opportunity. That is finding a pile of lead and turning it to gold. That is inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment