Thursday, October 1, 2009

Work That's Doing it for Me Right Now

The world is full of crappy advertising. Just terrible, awful rubbish. And it kills me that people get paid for producing that crap. Fortunately, there are some bright spots in the ad world.

First, some local advertising that I think is awesome. I see these billboards everyday on my drive home. The billboards are great. Richter7 really did a nice job of putting a face behind the safety glasses. The art direction is fantastic and the headlines are right to the point. Great work.

[Crappy picture taken at 70 mph, but you get the idea.]

Not sure who’s responsible for this campaign but I enjoy it a great deal. Really simple execution. The photography is amazing. Just a nice ad that makes you feel good when you see it and peaks interest in Montana (which is no simple task believe you me).


And now from the ad world at large:
I love miniature things. Honey I Shrunk the Kids is high on my Netflix queue and I still own Micro Machines. So it’s no surprise that I enjoy this TV spot for LG’s new phone. It’s a cool idea and a well executed ad.





Ok, ordinarily I’m not into cartoon characters associated with brands. Call it a Joe Camel gag reflex. But for some reason the Weight Watchers hungry monster is hilarious to me. I think it’s the eyes and the fact that its arms come out of where its ears should be. I dig it.



No comments:

Post a Comment